Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Chinese hospital experience.

JoEll and I wanted to make tuna melts... bond had provided tofu for lunch.... sick! Anyway, I am ridiculous and of course I happened to spill a bunch of the HOT HOT oil onto my left hand. I was on my lunch break in between teaching classes so I had to come up with something to stop the pain. I ended up wrapping my hand in a moist paper towel and sticking it in a bag of water. So there I was teaching the children with my hand in a bag of water.. kinda interesting. Then the Chinese provided me with some sweet burn ointment and it stopped burning! It kind of numbed it I think. Well by the next day my hand had swollen and developed a giant blister.. which made it difficult to move and I was worried something would pop it! (FYI i slept with my hand in a plastic baggy so the burn ointmint wouldn't get all over!) Anyway, JoEll and I researched oil burns and decided I probably should go to the hospital in case of infection.. so I did!

So here is me registering at the Chinese Hospital.

Align Center
An up close look at the nasty blister...


The Chinese doctor checking out my hand..


Explaining he's got to drain the blister.. luckily I had Nicole and Mike to translate..


And here it is.. all bandaged up!



And here is the video of the Chinese operation..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww my little flapppy flapster! i wish i could have been there to comfort you and help milk your blister! but i do agree with your chinese friend, the cast is sexy...and yes, go pick up on some guys! i love you oh so very much and your pain is my pain so now my hand hurts so i need to stop typing i guess! loves and miss!

Tappy

no said...

you're gross! ewww! i hope it doesn't hurt any more!